Are you looking for an independent, assisted living or memory care facility for yourself or a loved one? Whether this is your first time looking or you’ve decided to move communities, this is an important decision to make and to not be taken lightly. Because this decision is not always an easy one, below are a few things that might help you along the way. When you are on the hunt for a retirement community, remember to go with your gut and ask as many questions as possible. The more you ask, to closer you will get to knowing that you’re making the right choice for yourself or someone you love.
Good luck and give us a call at 913-279-0544 if you would like to tour a Dial Retirement Community.
7 things to think about when making a decision for a new home:
- Do you get a good feeling when you walk in the door? Do you feel comfortable and welcomed? Are you greeted with a warm smile from someone who works there? Look around and see what people are doing and if they look happy to be there. The way the facility looks and feels should be an excellent indication of how you will feel while you are living there.
- What amenities does the community have to offer? Are there certain amenities that are important to you? Try not to forget what you want out of your home. What does the living space look like?
- How does the dining facility look? Does it offer the types of food you like and the healthy options you deserve? Find out what time meals are being served. Ask for a menu to get a feel for what they offer their residents.
- How much does it cost? Price can become a serious concern for many people who forget to add in all of the monthly expenses. Be sure to ask the property representative about water, gas, rent, parking and any other fees the tenant is responsible for. What is included, and what is not? Make sure that the final amount works with your budget.
- Does the property offer a wide variety of activities? Make a note as to how often the property celebrates holidays as a group, takes trips to the grocery store and other events that could help you feel welcomed and entertained. The community should be a happy place to live! Ask the property to see their events calendar or where you can locate one online.
- Are pets allowed? Always remember to ask about the full pet policy. Do you have a furry friend you’d like to bring with you? Pets are welcome at Dial Retirement Properties.
- What happens if your needs change? You might need an independent care facility now, but what if you need more assistance in the future? Talk to the community manager or employee about what they might do in a situation like this. Does the community offer increased care? What would a transition in care look like for you or your loved one?
There are many questions to ask when researching your next home. Before you make your final decision, be sure to ask all of the right questions and eliminate any concerns you might have. No question is a bad one. Take a tour and get to know the people and location. Ask questions, research the community online, read reviews and call with any questions before making your final choice.
Please consider Dial Retirement Communities in your search. Call us at 913-279-0544 to schedule a tour. We would love to answer your questions and meet you in person! You’ll love the way you live at Dial Retirement Communities.
Share this Post